Friday, December 14, 2007

Navigation System

I was in a friend's car today, and they had one of those Garmin navigation system's with voice directions and everything. It was one of the nicer ones. I had planned to get one before, but I really didn't have a whole lot of need, so it was interesting to see how well they worked.

After a little drive, I began to see how well they worked, and I wasn't very impressed with the performance of the unit. It worked halfway decent, but it took a while to get coordinated and didn't have the best routes to places. It took a lot longer to get some places when following the directions it supplied, and once it directed us to a dead end. I think they could use some improvement, but they can be helpful if you are truly lost, and it will probably help you get where you're going.

No comments: